“Im Tirzu” has released disturbing and dangerous propaganda videos, that encourage the killing of four human rights activists, accusing them of assisting terrorists and publishing their names and pictures under such slogans as “They live here and planted [sedition],” and “While we are fighting terrorism, they fight us.” In a matter of moments, these videos received hundreds of “shares.”
This is an explicit call to action for these people’s blood. The public atmosphere of violence assisted in spreading this material like wildfire, and is further encouraged by politicians’ blazing hatred and populist appeals. I am afraid for their safety.
Meretz MK Michal Rozin sent an urgent appeal to the Attorney General to open an investigation for incitement, but in the meantime, this dangerous video is making the rounds on social media. Help us stop it.
Here is how you report offensive content on Facebook to remove it:
1. Go to the “Im Tirzu” Facebook post here
2. Click the arrow in the top right corner of the post, and mark “I do not like this post.”
3. On the next page, mark “I think it should not be on Facebook.”
4. On the next page, choose the option “It is harassment or hate speech.”
5. Then check the option for abusive post of an individual (or any other option that seems to fit)
6. And finally – most importantly – mark “submit to Facebook for Review.”
Let’s fight the madness and violence, let’s not leave the scene to instigatiors. Let us not abandon the human rights workers to be alone in this dangerous situation. It only takes a minute. If all the videos will be removed and we report them, it will be much more difficult to distribute it. Enter it, report the video, and share this post!
The original text was first posted by Meretz MK Zehava Gal-On here. Text translated by B. Lana Guggenheim.