Partners for Progressive Israel is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization.
Location: Remote work is possible for the right candidate; currently the office address is in New York City.
Start Date: ASAP
Partners for Progressive Israel is a progressive American Jewish organization dedicated to achieving a durable and just peace between the State of Israel and its neighbors, including an end to Israel’s occupation based on a two-state solution and/or confederation. We actively support Israeli political and civil society organizations working to ensure social justice, civil rights, and equality for all of Israel's inhabitants. Partners promotes a just Israeli society by cultivating Jewish-Arab partnerships and seeks to deepen Americans’ understanding of the complexities of both Israeli and Palestinian societies. As a member of the American Zionist Movement, we are active in the World Zionist Congress and participate in the Progressive Israel Network (PIN), a coalition of organizations representing Americans committed to pursuing democracy, equality, and peace in Israel.
The main tasks of the successful candidate will be to:
- Work with the Board to update our strategic plan and develop realistic steps for implementing it
- Supervise all Partners’ activities, and the work of an administrative assistant
- Engage intensively in both individual and foundation-based fundraising
- Represent Partners in the national Jewish community and especially with our peer liberal Jewish organizations
- Work with the Board to raise Partners’ profile and increase our influence
- Help with ongoing Board development
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of American Jewish and Israeli society and politics
- Personal commitment to Partners’ goals and values
- Experience and success in fundraising, including within the American Jewish community
- Demonstrably excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with flexible hours
- Comfortable with technology and ability to learn new web-based tools as necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets) andother everyday applications
- Comfortable managing day-to-day tasks as well as long-term projects
Additional desirable skills:
- Working knowledge of modern Hebrew
- Experience in a non-junior position at an NGO working with issues related to Partners’
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Deep knowledge of Israeli society and politics
- Personal knowledge of the Israeli leftwing political/NGO organizational environment
The salary range is $60,000-$80,000 annually based on skills and experience. Partners offers health insurance benefits, vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume as PDFs to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Partners for Progressive Israel is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion inthe workplace. Partners prohibits discrimination of employees and job applicants, and harassment of any kind.