On behalf of Partners for Progressive Israel, we wish you a Shanah tovah u’metukah, a sweet and happy New Year.
You are among a very special group of people who recognize the profound importance of building and promoting partnership between Americans and Israelis in support of a progressive Israel. You also share our vision of a peaceful, democratic, and just Israeli society that will not only end the Occupation, but also strengthen the long-term security and prosperity of the State of Israel.
We bring you closer to Israel through our Israel Symposium, our Conversations with Israel and Palestine, and our magazine, Israel Horizons. Our educational outreach, partnerships with progressive Israeli organizations, and our fight for progressive policies within the American Zionist Movement and World Zionist Organization are just some of the ways we play a unique role in advocating for a progressive Israel.
We would like to thank you again for your past support to Partners for Progressive Israel. Today our programs, publications, and advocacy efforts are making an impact mainly because of supporters like you.
- The power of your support helped build public opinion against the Israeli government’s policy on refugees, leading to a stay of pending deportations.
- Your commitment to a progressive vision of Israel led Partners and like-minded organizations to provide a unified voice against government actions that besmirch Israel’s name, such as the notorious Nation-State Law this summer.
- Your recognition helped Israel Horizons to emerge as a platform for insightful news, thoughtful commentary, and progressive voices.
- Your generous support enabled us to mobilize Americans and put them in contact with Israelis who are working for change in Israel.
Please renew your support today to enable us to expand our efforts to make even a greater impact. Your tax-deductible gift of $50, $100, $500 or more will go a long way in supporting a liberal democracy in Israel that protects equal civil rights for all its citizens.
You may be worried about Israel’s future, and rightly so. These days, the liberal camp often feels sidelined, frustrated, and even helpless. But progressives, like you and us, cannot afford to retreat in despair. The future of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state is at stake!
Partners for Progressive Israel has always stood for expanding hope and opportunities. We are using innovative tactics and approaches in working to change provocative Israeli policies and advance progressive values. For example, we are currently:
- Broadening our association with progressive Israeli and Palestinian individuals and groups working for fundamental change based on social justice, religious pluralism, democracy, and equality for all Israeli citizens.
- Deepening our collaboration with pro-Israel progressive groups in the United States, including the New Israel Fund, T’ruah, J Street, and Americans for Peace Now to mobilize Americans and Israelis. The response to our recent joint e-action pledge against the Nation-State Law has helped to energize liberals both in the U.S. and Israel.
- Launching our new program, Kolot: Voices of Hope, to highlight the ongoing work collaboratively done by Israelis and Palestinians, which generally is not covered by the mainstream media. That includes the issues of water and land use, justice, education, health, travel and commerce, mutual grief, civil rights, and many more daily experiences.
Partners needs your help to launch and fund such new ideas and programs. This Rosh Hashanah, your generous support will help maintain the fight for our shared goals of a truly democratic and just Israel. That is why your contribution to Partners for Progressive Israel is more vital now than ever before.
Your tax-deductible gift of $50, $100, $500 or more to Partners for Progressive Israel is one of the most effective and powerful ways of ensuring progressive values in Israel are heard.
With great appreciation and the warmest of wishes on Rosh Hashanah.
P.S. As one of the few organizations in the U.S, with an action agenda that supports the full spectrum of progressive causes in Israel, Partners for Progressive Israel has growing responsibilities in today’s challenging times. Please be as generous as you can.